Kevin Hoang has over ten years of civil litigation and litigation management experience. In July of 2018, he joined the Firm.
As Office Manager, Mr. Hoang oversees the staff and the Firm’s daily operations. He focuses his practice on Commercial Debt Collections and Judgment Enforcement litigation. Mr. Hoang conducts, on a regular basis, Judgment Debtor and Third Party Judgment Debtor Examinations.
In August of 2018, Mr. Hoang drafted a Motion for Increased Attorney’s Fees to be Added to Plaintiff’s Request for Default Judgment, which was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court. Under the local rules, the award of the attorney’s fees would have been $2,300. Based upon his Motion, the Court awarded $157,138.71 in attorney’s fees.
In March of 2020, Mr. Hoang drafted two Ex Parte Applications for a Writ of Possession and Writ of Execution, including nine separate proposed orders, which were filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. The underlying judgment award was in excess of $4.9 Million against a private University located in Riverside County. The proposed orders sought levies upon personal property, including but not limited to, twenty-eight computer servers, twenty-one vehicles and all other personal property belonging to the judgment debtor University. The Court granted all nine proposed orders without any modification. Prior Experience From 2016-2018: Litigation Attorney at Suttell & Hammer, P.S. representing creditors in limited civil collection hearings and trials throughout California. From 2013-2015: Litigation Manager at The Moore Law Group, P.C., a creditors’ rights firm, where he managed a staff of thirty individuals.
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - 2009
- University of California at Berkeley
- B.A. - 2002
- California, 2011
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2012
- Suttell & Hammer, P.S. , Litigation Attorney, representing creditors in limited civil collection hearings and trials throughout California, 2016 to 2018
- The Moore Law Group, P.C., Litigation Manager, a creditors’ rights firm, where he managed a staff of thirty individuals., 2013 to 2015